Get my very best marketing eBooks all in one particular practical bundle! Check out them out right here!
Healthier rhubarb muffins that are slightly sweet, with soft, fluffy interiors and crunchy tops. Produced in one particular bowl, with entire grains but no refined sugar, they are a tasty snack for the complete family!
Rhubarb season is on us (last but not least!) and I couldn’t be happier. It’s one of the number of items that grows happily in my garden and it’s a challenging 1 to hold up with!
We freeze a lot of our rhubarb to appreciate yr round (discover directions for how to freeze rhubarb right here), and also enjoy it in a Rhubarb Coffee Cake (
How to make rhubarb muffins
For this rhubarb muffins recipe, I adapted my preferred healthy blueberry muffins recipe. I felt like these cinnamon rhubarb muffins needed just a touch of added sweetness so I added in some applesauce.
Here’s how to make rhubarb muffins:
- Initial, we mix our wet substances collectively. I like to do this in a massive glass measuring bowl considering that I can melt the coconut oil in it and return it to the microwave to melt a lot more if essential.
- Following we stir in our dry components.
- Ultimately, we fold in the rhubarb and walnuts. You can use fresh or frozen rhubarb, but I do recommend cutting it into tiny (1/two inch) pieces so you get rhubarb in each bite of these muffins!
What can make these rhubarb muffins healthier?
- white complete wheat flour (you can swap for half whole wheat, half all goal flour if you’d like)
- maple syrup or honey in location of refined sugar
- extremely minor oil (one/four cup of coconut oil!)
- moist from a total cup of Greek yogurt
How do you keep these cinnamon rhubarb muffins? I kept them on the counter in an air tight container for up to 3 days and they kept actually nicely! Any longer than that and I’d shop them in the freezer.
Can I freeze this cinnamon rhubarb muffin recipe? YES. Spot them in a big hefty freezer bag, suck the air out using a straw, and freeze for up to 3 months OR use a glass meal prep container and wrap in parchment.
Can I swap the coconut oil? YES! You can swap for vegetable oil. Rhubarb? YES! Swap for any berry or chopped fruit pieces. You can even bake these with frozen fruit! Walnuts? YES! These are tasty with no the walnuts!